Am I wrong or is DH???

DH and I have one child...DD who is 14 months old. DH is leaving for the military in less than 2 months and we want to be pregnant by the time he leaves. He thinks we should wait til the week before he lieaves and I say we should start trying now...I know it takes time to concieve. Am I right or is he? I know if we wait til that week it wont happen...it probably wont happen in two either but I think it gives us a better chance...right??? Besides, if we try now and we dont get prego then fine we will try after...but if we dont that we miss our goal completely...

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• its common sense that your right..how long will he be gone?? is he afraid he'll miss the birth??
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• He will only be gone for 6 weeks for basic training...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• man I wish my husband understood common sence lol JK. The is a chance he will miss it if he get deployed, but that will still be the chances if we wait til one week before he leaves!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If the ultimate goal is conceiving a child, who cares who is right or wrong. Honestly you probably would have better luck of getting pregnant right after he gets back from basic. It always seems to happen on leave, after deployment, or when they have been away for a while. I would enjoy the time that you guys have together, and worry about it when he gets home.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Just my opinion but if I were in your shoes I'd wait until DH got home from basic training. I wouldnt want to go through a pregnancy by myself if I didnt really have to! Especially with a toddler! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• He'd only be correct if he knew for certain that you're ovulating that week. But there's no way to know for certain!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• u can always get pregnant. so both are right. just try it over and over again until he has to leave if u want another child so bad. but the more you want it, the less it will happen.

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It all depends on your body. If I even think about going off my birth control I get pregnant. Some women it takes a few months for their body to get back into the rhythm of things. If you try now though, it's not like you can't try the week before he leaves too. Is he by chance afraid that if you get pregnant now, you won't want to have sex before he has to go without for 6 weeks?
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 3:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think you should just stop preventing but not try. If it happens it happens. Let it be in gods hands
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 4:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you want to try for another baby start trying now every time is a beter chance and a helpful hint after sex put your but up on a pllow for at least thirty minutes everyone I know who has done this has gotten prego w/i the month!!! Good Luck!!!!

Love,Robin
    cfsmom

Answer by cfsmom at 5:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2009