Obama-what do you see?

When you see Obama, what do you REALLY see? I see a husband and father first, religious man second (I don't care how he worships, at least he has some form of faith) future President third, I'm sure there's many more I'm too tired to remember. "Black man" is the very last thing I see, yet it's all I hear. I think that's sad for, other countries see us, and this negativity surrounding us is probably obvious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm with Akin on this on. I also noticed the only people who are talking about his skin color are his supporters. Throughout the election and after, I've never heard a single Obama naysayer mention the color of his skin unless it was in response to a question like this. It's entirely possible that someone could just not like him because of his politics. Yes, he made history by being the first person of mixed racial descent to be elected President. Yippee - can we PLEASE move on? That history making fact will do nothing to make him more (or less) succesful as President so GET OVER IT!
    alexisw

Answer by alexisw at 11:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• He is an amazing "Black man" That made history for being the first "black man" to become president....it's a big deal....thats why its talked about! It shows movement in this country to a better america...an america where all men truly are created equal.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 4:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I see a great father and husband, first and foremost. Barack Obama is an elegant and poised gentleman who is very articulate and by far the greatest and best President elect there has ever been. You have never encountered a President elect who has gone into the White House with the tenacity that Barack Obama has. If I didn't know any better, I would say Barack was already the President, instead of Bush. He's already putting in the hard work towards fulfilling the promises he made during his campaign to better the economy. I see the first biracial President of the United States who has broken a host of records by becoming the first black president, winning the most electoral votes, drawing the biggest crowds, and winning the Presidency without winning several key states to name a few. I could go on forever, but I think I'll stop here.
    SpecialShae

Answer by SpecialShae at 4:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I see a man who already shows the stress of what he has accomplished on his face. I think he and his family are a beautiful portrayal of "family". I see a man who will need to return favors in the midst of a crisis he needs to put his full attention on. He is slightly overwhelmed but I also think he has the intelligence and strength to get through. I didn't vote for Obama but I am behind him 100% as an American. As far as other nations go, once we voted Obama in, we demonstrated something positive as a country (in their opinion anyway). Yes, some will harp on the black man thing but we, as Americans, need to be less concerned about our image. We need to pull together and put all of our energy into our nations ills. ANY energy spent thinking about how others think is, in itself, counterproductive.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Something I really admire about him is how he, like others his age and younger, have embraced the technological world to communicate. This will bring huge dividends to him as president. He definitely is a symbol of a new age in America, leaving much of our image, traditions and ways of relating to each other and the world, behind us.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I see a scam artist that bought his way into the Whitehouse with big money special interests. Can you say UNION? Get used to the ring of that word, you will be hearing it more in the days to come.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Happi-ladi
    thanks for your answers. What a nice person you are. True american. You didn't vote for him but you supporting him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I see a VERY inexperienced man, one who has NO clue what he is doing, one who is ALL about smooth manipulating words, I see a VERY shady man, one that you can't trust, a man who is "faking it". I do see a man who is a great speaker. This whole "black" thing is about peeving me off! He is ONLY about 12% African American.............NOT even enough to be considered an African American.........YET........that is ALL people say, it's a flipping joke, just like his presidency is shaping up to be! We STILL have a president, ONE at a time.....it is STILL Bush, yet the almighty pomp-ass NObama is already stepping on toes and feeling his entitlement!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• clapping Thank you blessed5x

lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i see trouble. A heck of a lot of it...just look at him he is already streesed he is getting into a world of mess already. He is taking us from bad to worse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009