Do you have a Chihuahua?

Are they good with children with what i have read heck no..but from personal points of view. for those who do have them are they okay with kids? my dd is 2 and i have a NB, ....

i was thinking about getting one within a year,

If their not great with children...can you tell me what dog you think is best for kids that is at least under 30lbs?

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 4:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pets

• We have had a ShihTzu since right before my son was born and she was always very good with him. At most, she would avoid him and other little ones because dogs figure out that kids are unpredictable and risky to be around. Small dogs are a bit risky like that because they know they are at risk themselves around the kids....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I HAVE TWO A GIRL WHO IS ONE NEXT MONTH AND A BOY WHO IS 1 1/2 THE BOY IS SO SWEET AND DOESN'T BARK MUCH THE GIRL IS LOUD AT TIMES AND THINKS SHE IS BOSS BUT THEY ARE SWEET MY CHILD IS 9 YRS OLD AND THEY ALL PLAY ALL DAY IF THE CHILD IS ROUGH THEY WILL BE ALSO MY CHILD LET MY GIRL CHI JUMP OFF HER SHOULDER AND MY BABY CHI BROKE 2 TOES THAT COST $380.00 BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH THEM TOGETHER THE CHI'S ARE VERY SMALL AT FIRST SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU TEACH THEM LOVE THEY LOVE BACK ! THEY DON'T EAT ALOT AND THEY DO SLEEP ALOT MINE SLEEP LIKE 15 HRS A DAY LOL ! THEY DON'T SMELL BAD LIKE MOST DOGS I GIVE MINE A BATH LIKE 3 X A MONTH ! THEY ACT LIKE BABYS THEY WILL WANT YOU ALOT ! PUT THEM IN A CRATE TO SLEEP SO THEY ARE NOT FREE TO WONDER AT NIGHT FOR SURE THEY CAN GET STEPPED ON !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We just got one, a boy, and I have 2 kids 2 and 4. He is great!!!! He is so gentle, and just loves attention.

I was told the females tend to get a bit snippy later in age.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have three. All my dogs are older ( the youngest is 6) They tend to run from my son (he's 2) but are never aggressive with him. My mom has 5, no problem there either.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I hate opening questions and not answering...but no I do not have one...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009