Earlie Learning!?

My dd is two, i have taught her how to count to 5,
and abcdef, and of course her vowels, but i want her to learn more
but i dont know how to make it more fun for her, and i know some mommas has been teaching or taught their children to read words and write words around this age, how do i do this, she can make an A, L...e..'s and i's ...she can spell her name from memory....am i rushing her learning, my sister told me i am not a fun mom, because i want her to learn, but her kids are 13 thru 9 and flunking school and disrespectful , alexis i will not lie is spoild,, and is a happy go lucky kid...
but i need this to be more fun because she will look at me ...sometimes and say OHHHHHH MANNN lol.

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 5:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children/babies have a short attention span.Its ok to teach her now but in short times. You can just be walking along and saying the ABC's and she will get it and have fun. Reading at night is a good tool, just reading is great. teaching her to write is time consuming for a young one.You can do so much to teach her but make it part of fun. They will be going to school soon enough and long enough once she starts, so don't make it a big deal.Learning now has absolutely nothing to do with a 13 year old flunking. Just have the basics down before Kindergarten wring,recogninzing abc's and counting to 10. Do everything else just for fun. When she gets a little older, you can use this website www.starfall.com

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Thanks so much kat!!!!

Well i helped my sister raise her 9 yr old daughter and i helped her along with teaching, i am the only one that did teach her daughter, she isnt flunking and she thanks me all the time..for helping her learn to read she is on the honor roll and she thanks only me....i want that one day from my dd,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2009