wat to expect after delivery???

im 37 weeks n a first time mommy so im just wonderin wat to expect after delivery???

wat kind of new pains?
which ones go away?
how much weight will come off???
when will i be normal again??? [weight wise]

or any advice u ladies can give me.... or stories..or anything u wish someone told u but didnt....

kokopuffs

Asked by kokopuffs at 5:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well congradulations................

firstly our bodies are different, our pains will be different. giving birth is the most wonderful experience on could ever go through........the pains go away so do everthing else.......... exercise eat healthy and drinking enough water daily will help help you body be in shape.

the labour pains will be there and the result you will recieve is awesome my darling, dont panic be positive and think of the little gift God will be deliveryng to you
    mmaeko

Answer by mmaeko at 6:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Some people bounce right back, and others take a little time. You may feel a little tenderness to actual pain in your lower abdomen. Your body has to put itself back together. Use the pain meds that are prescribed when you need them. I usually stopped taking them by the time I was home, or the second day home at the latest. As far as weight goes, you can expect to lose 10-15 lbs in the hospital. But, remember, your body is swollen, so it may be a drastic change, or may not, depending on how your body bounces back. Be patient! It took you 10 months to get there, and will probably take you a while to get back there. Be happy if you are improving daily!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 8:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My arms were sore from bearing down, you're tender down below-everything has to heal. I had no tiny feet in my ribs so that pain went away! You can eventually sleep on your stomach again. I agree, 10-15 lbs in the hospital and more when you're home as you lose water weight. Breastfeeding is a great way to burn calories & it will help you lose baby weight too. Depending on how much you gained-you can be pre-baby in 6 weeks (with nursing) I know a lot of women that did, including myself. Once you feel up to exercising-get active and that will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• BF'd doesn't make the weight magically come off though.. I nursed my son for 18 months and it wasn't until 15 months that I started noticing a return to pre-baby body. But it is ok... everything you go through that leaves its mark on your body is part of the story of how your baby got here.
    For labor... don't fear the pain... it makes it worse. Find someway to embrace it, welcome it and it will be easier.
    After labor you will be tender. Don't try to be superwoman... if you don't feel up to visitors, then tell someone that and keep people away.
    Also... haven't seen anyone mention it.. but after birth, you can bleed for up to 8 weeks. It is just your uterus returning to it normal size and everything going back to how it was.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• wat kind of new pains? you'll be sore ALL OVER for a day or two. some muscles that you didn't even know you had will be sore. oh, and if you have a vaginal delivery, your bottom will be sore for a few days. don't be afraid of labor pains, if you have a good epidural you won't feel them.

which ones go away? if you have any sciatic pain, it'll go away almost immediately. 

how much weight will come off??? everyone is different, it all depends.

when will i be normal again??? [weight wise] again, it depends. i was in my pre-pregnancy jeans within three days of delivering. but i only gained eight pounds the entire pregnancy.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• WEll body wise I always feel really weird right after..... the bellys gone and then you have this loose skin ugggggggg....your very sore after your first and it really hurts to go to the bathroom but nothing that is umbearable...... you will feel really achy for a couple weeks and then you should just be back to being you maybe with a couple + pounds!! Congrats and good luck!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009