obama such a hero??

Im just thinkin about our president... he is technically not in office YET however tv makes it seem as if he has done sooo much for our country and such a hero and all this great stuff....dont get me wrong i wanted him to be our next president but he hasnt done anything yet... so y are people puttin him up on a pedestal??? is it because he is the first African American president??? is that the only reason on why people voted for him???
its just a thought...i want to know wat u ladies think...no arguing please...

kokopuffs

Asked by kokopuffs at 5:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because he's a Democrat and people are tired of Republicans as President now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Because he is the "boy" of the media. They've been in his corner since day 1 - making him seem like this phenomenon that has been given to us as a saviour. The mainstream media hides his flaws and only plays on what he "promises" to do - promises that are pretty impossible for him to uphold because what the media conveniently forgets to tell people is that all of his ideals must first go through Congress. It seems there are many people who are politically challenged and either never comprehended social studies in school or are just plain ignorant in not knowing the chain of command. These are the people that rely solely on the media to tell them how to vote & how to think.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't think it has anything to do with his color. He's promised so much to a country in a time of need really. Everyone is hoping and expecting him to change things and make everything better. He's either going to succeed or fail, only time will tell.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I believe the only reason he has been put up on the pedestal is because he is black.. He has done NOTHING in his short career to merit any of this, NOTHING. I truly hope he is going to be able to pull this off, I want my country to remain as great as it is - and YES it is a great country. Do I have doubts?? OMG yes, but I hope he is as great as his followers believe him to be.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 7:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't think it's because he's black, as the last poster said. I think it's because we feel, as a people, that we need a "hero" right now. A real leader. Obama certainly has the charisma, but I'm not fond of him, and I think we all need to watch our pockets. That's not what you asked, though. :)
    boystimes2

Answer by boystimes2 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Because the media picked him long ago and they will continue to portray him as President Wonderful as long as they can. I heard Chris Matthews, Hardball host say, "I will do whatever I can to make sure this (Obama's presidency) works." Is that appropriate for a journalist? Someone there did ask him if that was his job. So, until the media at large is totally honest and unbiased, we may not know just how things are or how he is doing. I also heard Bill O'Reilly say the media will portray the economic crisis as worse than it is so Obama had a little help in being able to turn it around. I think now, the reality of this awful criminal mess on Wallstreet is hitting all of us and it's going to be awful. I know what you mean though about Obama and I think we all hope he has the answers.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honestly the democrats could have run my dog this term and my dog would have won. There is nothing special about him besides he won the election. I guess some people are excited because he is the first AA president but he really isnt because he is only half. I dont think he will be a good president though. The whole election reminded me of a movie that would be playing next year with alot of build up hype and I am guessing once hes in he isnt going to live up to it. No one ever does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Actually Obama is ONLY 6.25% tribal African...he's 50% Caucasian, and 43.75% Arab...but that measily 6% is what got him elected, and you know what..he KNEW it would--as long as he kept cool and talked a good game, he knew the majority of Americans would vote for him...(not me because I have the "supernatural ability" to look past the surface to see the real person below...LOL!), and he was right!

This image sums up what both HE and the media think of him!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Answered at 6:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 by: happi-ladi

happi...

I heard Chris Matthews, Hardball host say, "I will do whatever I can to make sure this (Obama's presidency) works." Is that appropriate for a journalist?

LOL, I am glad someone else said it.  I have to say, most of what Chris Matthews says about Obama isn't appropriate.  Non-bias my right ear. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Kenia is not Arab nation,you anon. how can you say he is 43,75% arab. Go back to school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009