heat rash

Alright I belive it's a heat rash I have between my legs and my question is what is it that I can do to cure it? I dont know whats allowed and not allowed while I'm pregnant. I was going to soak in a bath with epson salt, but is that safe? Or maybe oatmeal?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 2:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Soak in a warm (not hot) oatmeal or baking soda bath. I prefer baking soda. Then just use corn starch body powder/baby powder between your legs as often as you need it.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 9:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Epson salt soak would be fine. I would recomend putting corn starch on your legs during the day too, helps absorb moisture.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 3:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't know how hot it is in your area but I live in the desert and while I was pregnant I had a very similar problem and it was from chaffing. If it isn't very bad, like it doesn't look infected from being too raw, deoderant will help. It's actually what runners use too to prevent chaffing right between their legs. But I would use a non scented stick so that in case it is too raw, you won't get a burning from the perfume :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 5:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Deoderant, corn starch, baby powder, Valsaline. Any of these things should work!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2008