where can i buy a saucer sled for my son to play with in the snow?

I don't want to order one online...I need it today for the big snow storm :-). Thanks!

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 7:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • Walmart, target, Lowes hardware. Most hardware stores. Good luck and hope they have fun.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 11:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• basically anywhere..do you have a Kings??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You might try hardware stores such as Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart, sporting goods places..... not sure where you live but hopefully they won't be sold out due to everyone having the same idea as you. :-) Have fun!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Walmart. Thats where we got ours.

Answer by gemgem at 8:39 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Got mine at Target
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 8:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Got ours at walmart last night for $5.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't think you can order one online today and get it today- unless there is some special delivery arrangement, or unless you order it online and pick it up yourself. Our grocery store had them at the beginning of the season, but walmart, target, some Sears, hardware stores, if the big stores don't have them check with the ma and pa stores. If you can't find a saucer at any of the stores you should be able to find some other kind of sled.

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yea..just about any store has them. They are like 5 bucks. But I will tell you (and this is what I've noticed) they go faster than some of the other sleds. We ended up going with a tube this year because the hill we go to now is a bit longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• if you cannot find one right away a cardboard box flattened works real well--or a plastic trash can lid that does not have a handle on top--thats where saucers began
    lukee

Answer by lukee at 9:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Wal-Mart has them and I think they're only $3 here! I live in MI though, if you're from a place without a lot of snow, you could try hardware stores or trying something as a substitute.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2009