NAMES

DO YOU THINK IT IS WRONG THAT I WAN T TO INCLUDE MY LAST NAME WITH THE BABY'S NAME AND MY SO AS WELL.......WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE NAMES?

MADALYN ANN CARNES WEAVER
CAISEN SIDNEY CARNES WEAVER

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I like Caisen Carnes Weaver, using your last as a middle. Do you use only your last yourself, or both yours and your husbands? I am traditional, and use only my husbands. I feel that once we are a family we should all be the same, but jmo. Good luck,
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 8:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• WE ARE NOT MARRIED RIGHT NOW.....I AM ENGAGED, BUT MY BROTHER WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS AND I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT FOR MY FATHER'S NAME TO KEEP GOING.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I can understand why you feel that way, but you aren't going to carry the name by putting it into the middle of your child's name. Anyway, I think you should use it if it makes you happy, but be aware of using two as a last name. Some schools actually make the kids spell it out each time on their papers, and also whether you are going to use a hyphen? That is why I suggested using your last as a middle and if you get married then you, too can use both names. Just a suggestion. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 8:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We did the same with our DD. At first we had it hyphenated but my maiden name was 11 letters long on it's own and just barely fit on any records let alone sounded good. We changed it before her first b-day so now she has 2 middle names, one being my former last name. Made things so much simpler and made me feel that I was keeping the family name alive in some way.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• are you yelling at me?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would use your maiden/family name as the middle name...it's what many women (including me) do when they marry and take their husband's name. I agree that hyphenating your daughter's last name is going to cause a lot of problems, and by the time she enters school she'll likely be called by just one of her last names.

As a little side vent (LOL), my 1st grade son's name is Nicholas...not hard to say or spell/write...as it's a shockingly traditional name, but you'd be surprised at how many teachers just HAVE to say/write "Nick" or "Nicky"...I have only ever called him Nicholas, he only goes by Nicholas, he only ever writes his name as Nicholas, and it bothers me, because the teachers have no trouble "adhering" to saying/writing the names Mohammad or Shanequa...without feeling the need to write/call them "Mo" or "Shan." LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My sons first name is Benjamin and middle name that he uses is Kody...spelled with a K. When he was in 1th grade, the teacher ask him if he wanted to be called Benjamin or Kody...he said my name is Benjamin Kody F....... but you can call me Kody. She said she laughed because he has such a southern draw that she almost went ahead and called him his entire name.

ladybug

donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 9:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My children all have my maiden name included in their names.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 9:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i think it's okay..i gave my son my last name and not his father because we weren't married and i wasn't sure at the time if me and my SO were gonna still be together after he was born or not because we fought a lot during my pregnancy so i think giving ur son both last names isn't a bad idea at all because as soon as my SO decides to marry me i will hyphenate my son's name so his last name will be ???-????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i would have given my son my last name as a middle name but my last name is too long so instead because me and his dad weren't married at the time i gave him my last name and his last name will come when i get it lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2009