three year old boy with painful erection this one may sound wierd but I need help.

My three year old son will start screaming that his pee pee hurts and it will be erect, I will ask him if he needs to use the bathroom and he says no. He doesn't use the potty and doesn't have an accident after either. I don't like to think of him in pain but I am not sure if this is normal.

cindie925

Asked by cindie925 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• I have sons. They all went through this. It is not actual pain. It is just what it is and they are not accustomed to the feeling of the event. Don't panic and don't let him get overly excited. Maybe put him in a cool bath and distract him until everthing returns to normal.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son had this happen in the summer just before my husband left to Korea. He was screaming that his pee pee hurt and my daughter being the mother that she is at 12 was carrying him around panicing. My husband once he saw him was laughing not at him but at us because we were screaming. He said this happens to little boys and to men. The wake up that way some mornings and then it goes away just as it came. Just keep him calm and then it will start to go away. I know its hard to see a little one in pain but it will get better I promise. I have been to emergency room for some stuff and my husband just sit backs and goes you go right on ahead. But a mother has to make sure that things are right.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Poor thing! It's normal for little boys to get erection sometimes, but I never knew it could cause them pain! Poor thing :(
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 10:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My seven month old son has that happen but he doesn't cry or act upset about it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Thank you all, i am feeling better now that I am hearing it is normal.
    cindie925

Answer by cindie925 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009