Anyone elses hubby a hick?

Well my hubby ran off to go hunting this morning...And once its warm again, he'll be going fishing...So this morning I got to thinkin.
I don't get to run off and just screw around for hours on end and it aint fair that he gets to. I really couldn't care less if he goes or doesnt go but every once in a while itd be nice for him to say "Hey babe, go do whatever you want for lil bit I'll keep the baby..."
Anyone else feel that way?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh yesss :) you just described my hubby.. lets see theres hunting- deer, rabbits, goose. then fishing. then there is cutting firewood. thenn he also likes to scrap although he hasn't done that for awhile. he likes playing on his toys. umm if it has to do with being outside. he's there!!! he's getting better because i have a fit when he leaves soo he's learning that family time is very important to me especially since i was a stay at home mom. but i just got a job sooo there is going to be a real eye opener. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• When you can. One day get your purse and coat hand him the baby and say, I'm going to the mall,or something like that. Stay gone for as long as he does when he goes fishing and hunting. He might give you a little more respects in the future.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY! And when I try to explain it to DH he says well then get a hobby! Duh that isn't the point the point is that you get to just assume that I am taking care of our son and you make plans then say oh yeah I am going hunting! Now that my DS is older it's not so much taking care of him, but all of the running him around- like DH knows he NEVER has to worry about it unless I ask him in advance. We got in a big argument about it when ds was like 3 so to prove my point I got up early one weekend morning, got ready and then woke him up as I was on my way out to go grocery shopping, leaving DS in bed! DH was like 'well what if I had plans?' EXACTLY-See how it feels?!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh sure. And he should let you take your break, too. He may welcome the hunting and fishing as a break from his job or as a built in drive to provide food for his family. My husband doesn't hunt and fish but my dad did, and his father, and so forth. When dad grew up hunting and fishing were a way to get food on the table. But back to your question, yes, you certainly should have time to get out on your own. I wouldn't use the "you have your time so I should have mine" argument at first. Bring up during a quiet time that you could use some time on your own, just a couple hours, and then if he doesn't get the point, casually mention that in the same way that he finds hunting and fishing as pleasant and relaxing times, you need a relaxing time on your own, too.

Answer by Bmat at 10:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• hahah goaliemom my hubby tells me to get a hobby too!! pissesme of hahahha
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I always hear the old "Randall aint allowed to do anything cuz of his ol lady!" and that drives me up a wall! That boy goes hunting in the morning for 5hrs then in the afternoon for 3 hrs! And dont get me started on fishin...He would stay out there all day if he could (we live ON a river)...He never brings anything home. Ever.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It is a man thing.....any type of man, any type of activity. If there is something they like to do, they make time to do it. Women just don't do that as often....It may be that we are the ones who need to think about that! Actually, as a Mom, all I really wanted to do was be with my kids and my family.....so maybe we are doing what we want to do for the most part already. Still, it would be nice to do somethings just for ourselves. If we want to, we should try to fit it in every once in a while.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2009