didnt even know i was pregnant!

last month my period was kinda weird, only pinkish and only lasted two days, that was what used to happen before my son was born. this month it was the same thing but on the second day i started to get really bad cramps in my back and i went to the doctor's. turns out i was having a miscarriage and didn't even know i was pregnant. i'm not sure how i feel we weren't trying to have more kids money is tight now and i was on birth control so a child wouldn't have been financially reasonable but of course if i had known i was pregnant we would have kept it and made things work. i guess i'm kinda in shock, just wanted to know if anyone else had gone through this and their reactions if you dont mind sharing? i know its a difficult subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SO and I had been using condoms and he hated them so I said I would go on birth control. My doctor didn't want to prescribe them without seeing me since my periods weren't regular from the last baby yet and he wanted to run a pregnancy test. I thought "whatever" and since I had started my "period" I was shocked that the test came back positive. Obviously I would have been much happier just not knowing, and we weren't really trying, but like you, we would have been happy to be parents again. That was far from my first miscarriage and I have caught one other one that I would have dismissed as having my period because it was only a day or two after I had expected my period...that was a devastating one because we had been TTC and made the mistake of telling people the day we took the test. Whether you were trying or not, that was still your baby and it was still a miscarriage...you've got to work through it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I am sorry for your lose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would suggest not dwelling on this. I am sorry that this happened to you, and I understand the feeling like you lost something you didn't know you wanted. I would remind you that there are a lot of women that have miscarriages and never know it. It was natures way of handling a pregnancy that was not formed right, or had issues. Maybe we all have one in our lifetime and never know it. I think that with technology and the age of awareness sometimes we learn things that we are perhaps better off not knowing. I wish you the best and hope that you can see the most positive end of this situation and make the best of it.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• that is difficult to deal with, I bet... if you had known you were pregnant and then had a miscarriage you'd feel differently, even if you wern't TTC.... to find out you're pregnant at the same time you are losing the pregnancy...that has to bring about some mixed emotions. I'm sorry it happened to you though, that's for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I read an article about thousands a woman a year having miscarriages and not EVER knowing it. It comes just like your period would but a little heavier or longer. Makes me wonder if it has ever happened to me. Sorry for your loss
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009