My baby hates bath time!

Gauge hates bath time. Not screaming and crying hate, just a scared face and shaking. The water is always warm enough and have toys in there with him and I am always holding him in some way. He can sit up alone now and I don't fill the baby bath high, just enough to get up to his hips. Anyone have any tricks or tips?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure the room is very warm, it may be that the air isn't warm enough and he is uncomfortable. The water should be warmer than body temperature so that it feels warm to him. Be matter-of-fact about the bath. Smile, bathe, and out. Dry well with more smiles and cuddles. Keep it very fast so he doesn't have to worry about a long process. Have you tried splashing with your hand a little- not splashing the baby, but show him that he can splash with his hand to and make the water move and the nice splashing sound. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Try making the water a little warmer. I thought we made the water warm enough, too...turns out, they liked it warmer!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Babies can sense when you are nervous and since you think he is scared and nervous he is reacting. Its kind of a vicious circle LOL. Have you tried getting in the tub with him to show him its ok>? I did that with mine. I also got them one of those bath rings when they were old enough to sit up in.

Answer by gemgem at 10:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Just make it as pleasant as you can, not reacting too much to his reaction! And don't make it go on too long if he doesn't enjoy it. You can get the job done in two minutes if you have to. Whatever you do, don't feel guilty about it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009