anyone else???

I have not told my family that I am pregnant yet. My husband told his family and they were all excited but my family did not think it would be a good idea to have another baby. We have 3 already and they are expensive, blah, blah... I told my grandparents my period hasn't come yet and they keep making "jokes" about it showing up. Has anyone else had bad family reactions to them being pregnant? I am so annoyed and hurt. I think babies are blessings and miracles.

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If your fmaily doesnt understand ther is nthing you can do about it. my fmaily didnt want me to be pregnant with my first... but when i became pregnant with the second child they seemed excited but i had a miscarriage and now tha ti want to get pregnant again mmy mother keeps telling me to finish school and that was gods way of telling me to... i can not wait to have another child and i am not taking her advice n waiting i am in the same boat as you... who cares if they are expensive it not like u dont already have everything fro the first 18 years lol... college is the expensive part
    lilbabe3769

Answer by lilbabe3769 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yes, I was disppointed when I wasn't received well with my fourth pregnancy. We are happy homeowners, have a 5 bedroom house! We aren't basking in cash, but we aren't having trouble, either! So, the 4th was unplanned, but a happy accident, you know? I told everyone, but it was like I was an unwed mother! Most of my pregnancy was ignored, and my husband's extended family didn't come to the hospital. I let it bother me, and we didn't talk with his family for three years. What a waste! I say, tell them. Ignore their bad behavior. If they aren't going to be positive, then avoid them. Enjoy your little miracle! No one can take away my special mornings when the "baby" comes to my bed and says "I Sleep there, you, mommy?" I thank God for every morning she does that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Thank you ladies. Two of my pregnancies were conceived out of wedlock and that was the big deal with my family, and I was young and did not have a good job. Now, I am going to school, graduating with one degree in May, my husband is in the military, so we are pretty much taken care of, we handle all of our responsibilities. I just get so upset when they look down upon me.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Family? Don't plan on telling mine because i'm going to be kicked out of the house might I do or they could try to kill me. Seriously, that was no joke. (I'm a minor. Eighteen soon and will be leaving then.)

With my friends, boy was that pretty bad. I'm sleeping over at a friend's house right now and just woke up but haven't told this one yet cuz she'll have one of the worst reactions, or so I imagine.

With others, I got slapped, yelled at by each one and one was really, really happy for me.
    thank god for her.

And then i mc.

And now that I might be again, i told two people. one's disappointed and the other's still pretty darn happy, haha.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 12:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I sorry you have to deal with your family when this is a happy time for you. Unfortunately, the saying "you can't pick your family" really applies here. I've had major family issues and they do not accept the nationality of my husband (middle eastern) and all have disowned me and haven't talked with them in 2 years. We had just started dating and none of my immediate family has ever met him. I think they are crazy!
    After all I've been through, I feel at ripe age of 42 that I want to minimize negative influences in my life whether it's friends or family
    lookingahead

Answer by lookingahead at 2:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009