How can I get my tile floors REALLY clean?

We have 2 dogs and 1 toddler. Even though I sweep & mop daily I never feel like the floors are REALLY clean. I know that no matter what we will always have to sweep daily (b/c we have 1 dog that sheds ALOT), but I'd like to feel like I was getting the dirt off the tile. I've tried conventional mopping and using the Swiffer Wet Jet. Any suggestions?

AggieMamacita

Asked by AggieMamacita at 10:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I clean my floors reallllllllllllllly well about once a month. I in between clean everyday.I also have two small dogs, a toddler, a 8 yr old, 3 teens and a grandson. Clean them with hot water and yes Mr. Clean or Pine sol. Let it dry completely. Then buy some mop and glow and seal it with that. Once you do you will see that things almost bounce off the surface and its so much easier to clean. It lasts about a month then you will have to do it again.

Answer by gemgem at 10:24 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hot water, a cleaner such as Mr. Clean or other general cleaner, mix whatever the directions say, get down on your hands and knees with a rag or cloth and scrub. Rinse well with clear water. Then I would go over it again with another clean cloth to get it mostly dried.

Answer by Bmat at 10:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I use pure white vinegar to clean everything , its non toxic and a fantastic cleaner .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It is a floor....so no matter what you do, it will not stay perfectly clean for more than a minute or two. My personal answer to that is to be satisfied with a "clean enough" floor..... Otherwise you can just go crazy. Make sure you pay attention to the care guidelines for the type of flooring you have too.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I cleaned my friend's floor after her 5 grandkids moved in and tore it up. I thought her grout was naturally a dark gray - expecially after she tried to steam clean it. I mixed Oxy-Clean (powder in a small bucket) with hot water, spread the liquid all over the floor, let it sit for about 10 minutes, then I went back in and scrubbed it with the broom (learned that from the maid at Lawrence Welk, and I can't be on my hands and knees that long - sorry). Turns out her kitchen floor grout is white. Works on linoleum , too! I LOVE it.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009