How much caffeine did you drink while you were nursing?

I drank a ton without realizing what I was doing my first week home from the hospital last time, and no wonder we weren't getting sleep! This time I am definitely going to try to cut it WAY back. What do you guys think? None? or did you all drink a little and have things be fine?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave birth just a little before Easter and I got so much chocolate from people... it didn't occur to me unti later but it DEFINITELY affected us nursing...lol. Way too much chocolate and caffeine for baby girl!!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 10:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I drank caffeine. It was never an issue. I just cut back some and always made sure I drank two cups of water in between and also drank more juice etc. It was more to make sure I make more milk then anything else.

Answer by gemgem at 10:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I drink 16 oz of coffee per day normally maybe a bit more .
    It does not affect my nursling at all.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Zero caffeine...including chocolate. That was tough. Best wishes~
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 11:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have caffine running running threw my veins, I live off the sugar and caffine of pop and ice coffee
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:28 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I drank coffee throughout my pregnancy and nursing. I just made sure it was organic and that "we" didn't drink it four hours before bed.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have a cup of coffee in the morning. I don't notice a difference in him between the morning and evening feedings so I don't think it's affecting his mood. However, I didn't drink any caffeine in the beginning to make sure that my milk came in well and that my supply was up. Good luck
    courtney0105

Answer by courtney0105 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• for some babies, the caffeine can be very hard on their immature systems - i learned that by having a chai tea and his tummy was VERY upset. good luck
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I limited myself to 8 oz
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• zero caffeine EXCEPT for chocolate, the amount of caffeine in chocolate is minimal compared to a coke.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009