My son is 9months old and I am wanting to take him out to do things . . . What types of activities are appropriate and fun for a child his age?

Corbynsmama12

Asked by Corbynsmama12 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• That's a great age! The park is a wonderful place. The swings can be fun at any age.
    My kids enjoyed the library story-hour. Have fun!
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 10:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Go for a walk or a sensory, hands messy type "museum" for kids. Take him a construction site to watch the equipment (from afar of course). Nearly any place is a place of exploration and wonder for a little one that age.
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 12:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• some shopping malls have those great inside play areas. weather permiting scope out for those playgrounds that have the differant age areas. many parks have them.
    tamimomoffive

Answer by tamimomoffive at 12:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Library time is fun. Definitely any playground that is his age appropriate.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I have a 9 month old, too. We go to the playscape at the mall before it opens (though he hates being at the mall to shop) and we go to the swings at the park. My son loves to sit out in the sunshine and pull on grass. I think he'd enjoy those baby/mommy classes at places like The Little Gym or Gymboree, but those are too pricey. He loves to play in water, so if you have a baby pool somewhere that'd be good once it warms back up (I'm in Texas, so that's sooner rather than later). Places he can crawl without limits are the best, so if you're a member of a gym or rec center, see if there's a time the basketball court room is empty. that'd be perfect! :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009