What Appetite Suppressant Works the Best for You?

I know that taking any sort of diet pill, etc., is NOT the safest or best way to go alot of times. But, with all the products that are on the shelves, which have you found that do help with cutting the cravings/appetite? I definitely don't want the jitters -- I only want to get through the urge to snack when I shouldn't be! Thanks alot!

Squirrel1001

Asked by Squirrel1001 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Phentermine. You have to get it through a prescription at a doctor or weight loss aka bariatric doctor.
    They sell it online but it's NOT the same thing and it's fake.
    It makes you lose your appetite and you have to make yourself eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Honestly, filling yourself up with low calorie, high fiber foods is going to be better than a pill. Try eating high fiber cereals for breakfast or oatmeal, apples to snack on. Even soups can be high fiber and very filling. Lots of water, too, a glass before eating. Sometimes we are thirsty instead of hungry. Good luck!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I eat organic chocolate to curb my appitite. No jitters...just chocolate. If you would like more info, pm me and I'll give you the website to look at.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• honestly, water works for me. the thirst and hunger centers in the brain are very close, and it is easy to mistake hunger for thirst. when you feel hungry, drink an 8 oz. glass of water, and wait fifteen minutes. if you're still hungry, either follow up with a healthy snack of nuts (raw almonds are really good and have good fat which may actually help you lose weight), or cut up fruits or veggies. or, drink another glass of water. even if it doesn't fill you, it may help you make better decisions about what to snack on.
    ChristinaJCook

Answer by ChristinaJCook at 12:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2009