What is with my son holding food in his mouth?

I will be feeding him and he will refused to swallow. It's been like this for a few days now and it is really starting to piss me off. He just holds in it there for like 20 min and then spits it out. JUST SWALLOW IT! How hard is it?

Anyone else's kid do this?

NSeni

Asked by NSeni at 11:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine! My daughter who will be three in Feb has to be made to swallow sometimes. She does'nt spit it back out but she'll chipmunk food for god it seems like. One morning she woke up with a bulge on the side of her face and I went to freak out until i realized it was a piece of meat she had kept there all night. How gross is that? She spit it out and hads'nt really done it as mcuh since but no I don't know why they do it...and can only hope they'll grow out of it as quucikly as possible.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son is 12 months and does the same thing...except after a while he swallows it...i will be feeding him and he holds food on the side of his mouth but he'll still cry for more...i dont really understand but like tatedmommyof2 said, i hope they grow out of it quickly..
    troyjrsmommy

Answer by troyjrsmommy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Spenny will do that when he's done with something or doesn't like it. I just offer him something else. If he takes the other, he doesn't like it. If he doesn't, then he's full lol
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 11:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2009