7 month old poop

When I changed my 7 month olds diaper this morning it was the usual orangy color, but there were tons and tons of tiny weird black things... She is mostly breastfed but yesterday she had some cereal with real bananas mixed in. Bananas turn black so was this just old banana ? It looked like a million little parasite bugs... really gross. It definately wasnt anything alive lol but... anyone know ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, that would scare me too. lol. does your childs pedi have an answering service? you could call and ask them
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Its probably just the bananas, but if its really worrying you, call the pediatrician and ask. I know I ask a billion questions on here a day and then end up calling the pediatrician anyway, lol.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• your insurance company also might have a hotline you could call to ask as well.

i think it might just have been from the bananas though....
    iluvmytriniti

Answer by iluvmytriniti at 11:32 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I've heard of it before...bananas.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• that would freak me out, too!
    Anonymous

• Banannas have tiny black seeds and you don't digest them. You're looking at bananna seeds. If you look at a bananna very closely when you slice it next time, you'll see them. It's normal 100%, I promise!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009