What age for a WII ?

Our kids are elementary age and we don't have video games in our home. Everyone we know does!
Do you have a WII...and do YOU use it or is it for the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We all play it. My daughter is 7. All the adults and kids in our family use it. My nephew is 5 and he can use it. It's a lot of fun and many of the games are easy to use. The sports games like tennis, baseball, and bowling only require the normal motions you would use like swinging your arms.

I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 11:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We have one. We all use it. I use the Wii fit. My six year old likes playing the Wii sports. Sometimes she will use the Wii fit. Most of the time we all play together.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Our children are 8, 2, and 2. Of course our 2 year olds are too small, but my husband, son, and I love to play it together as a family. It's a lot of fun. Wii Sports is my favorite. I love Tennis!!
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 11:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We all use it, and my two year old loves it best...LOL! He gets all excited and yells "Wii! Wii!" when he sees we're putting it on.

There are games that are meant for littles, but lots of the games are kid friendly. Carnival Games is really easy to get the hang of, and tons of fun to play.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son is playing baseball on Wii as I type....He is only four. A guy at work told me my son is way too young for it, but I dont think so!
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• And warning, it might turn your kids into monsters about wanting to play all the time. Its very fun for adults too.
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We have a Wii. We originally bought it after doing much research. We homeschool, so we wanted the kids to have something that gets them physically going. (They don't like sports!) We bought Wii Fit. IT is INCREDIBLE! I even use it. I have a child with sensory problems and has weak muscle tone. He is doing so much better using the Wii Fit. It has a balance section that he uses one game a day to work on balance. He uses the stretching exercises in the yoga portion.
    We love Mario Kart. It is fun and play as a family. We are continually looking for new games that enrich our family experience and would love any reccomendations anyone could give.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I love Wii...my family had a lot of fun Christmas with the wii. Everyone tried it, so funny. Alas we all got beat in every wii sport by my 6yr old niece.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh and if you've never seen it, go google Wii have a problem....so funny...and a lesson in keeping that strap tight.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We just got our wii, and we've never had so much fun on weekday nights. Usually we're watching TV after dinner, and talking. Now we're bowling! We all have a blast, and we're not sitting on our butts. (We have a wii rule, you can't play sitting) My DD is 6, and she loves it. Her dad got it, so once again he's the cool one.

If you're gonna get one, make sure to use the straps. I, too, have seen the problem vid, and it has inspired me to not only make everyone use the strap, but sometimes I check and sdjust them myself. LOL My Christmas present was a bigger TV. HEHEHE
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009