How can you have "righteous descernment" and not appear to be judgemental?

Asked by metalmomma25 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unfortunately when we as christians state our beliefs we are accused of being judgemental. I can only say Watch how you word things. I believe homosexuality is a sin but I will not sayt to an homosexual that they are going to hell. that is Gods decision. I can only state what I believe to be right and true. I will not impinge upon your rights to do as you please but do not ask me to approve for that I can not do. Once my opinion is stated I am quiet about it unless someone asks more of me.

Answer by Lyndall at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• For those who believe in the Bible and that it is God's word: I would think that if it's located in the Bible, then you wouldn't be passing judgement on anyone. These are rules and regulations (if you will) that God has left us to go by. If they think you're passing judgement then show them where it is in the Bible and that God wants us to live a certain way, you're just following what He said.

Answer by pbjmomi at 3:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Please read my journal entry titled "too much preachin'"

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Judge NOT lest YOU be judged!

Answer by vbruno at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we are allowed to have rightous judgement. Besides, having Judgement is a gift God gave us to decided what is right and wrong.

Answer by metalmomma25 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• All you need to be concerned with is yourself and your children. People have the right to make there own decisions, and they are the ones that will have to except the consequences. What ever someone does, good of bad, will always come back to them in the end. It is not your job or your right to present "righteous descernment" or judge anyone else.

Answer by Motherdragon at 7:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There is no need for righteous discernment. The whole point of discernment is to be wise about what and who influences our lives. When discernment becomes judgement it can't be righteous. The Word says that God is The Judge. Plain and simple. :)

Answer by ViolaPansy3418 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2008