• In the Spotlight:

Packing for first trip with a 1 month old

Does anyone have any advice of things that I will need to pack to spend a few days out of town with my one month old son? I have made a list and have all the obvious things written down, but feel as though I'm missing something so I'm calling on the wisdom of those who have traveled this path before me. Is there anything non-obvious that I'm not thinking of?

courtney0105

Asked by courtney0105 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2009 in

• Oh goodness I remember those days. We used to go to my inlaws once a month for the weekend when my 6 year old was first born. I would always bring enough for two weeks lol. I finally scaled it down to one diaper bag and portable swing lol. Left baby wash, a few bottles and things like that there. Will you have a washer/dryer? Bring enough clothes for a couple days If not, then think of what you would use in a day and times that by how many days you will be gone. Three bottles, bottle brush, formula if you dont breast feed. if baby has a pacifier........bring several of these and then leave several in the car for emergency lol. I always brought tylenol and thermometer. Diapers, wipes and rash lotion just in case. A couple baby blankets and there ya go :).
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• little med bag with ...snot bulb..saline drops...infant tylenol..gas drops. I bring the bouncer everywhere.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• umm....well, the good thing about babies is you can basically buy anything else that they might need while you're out! lol. but whats on your list already?
    Anonymous

• My, great information. I wouldn't have thought about the thermometer and such. My biggest issue is that we are going for a funeral and staying at a motel in a town where the nearest store that doesn't sell only gasoline and soda is about a half an hour away. It's going to be a rough one, but the answers are great. Thank you, ladies!
    courtney0105

Answer by courtney0105 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

Next question in
How do you start a group?