what do you do...........

what do you do when you are 23 weeks pregnant and the father doesn't seem to care about you or the baby and its hard facing everything that i am alone. Low amniotic fluid and he don't even want to come to the appointments with me or tell me what blood type he is for the baby because he don't care. I told him today that the baby loves music and kicks when he hates something and he was like that can't hear anything and blah blah blah and i told him they do and he said whatever they can't and he don't even seem to care that there is something wrong. What should i do.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry. Have you considered beating him over the head with a stick.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Get rid of the loser now and be ready and prepared to get child support from him. If you have trouble with this guy now It's only going to lead to bigger trouble later down the road especially the custody situation. So It's your time to be the man in the relationship and take control for yourself and your unborn babies sake. Good luck
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Let him go. Your baby is so special and deserves so much that she will not need anyone around her that is "forced" to be. I would let him know he's got 17 weeks to get his shit together on his own or he's going to be cut out of things...he's not going to get to be a "part time dad" that shows up for the fun things and doesn't want to be a parent or have responsibility otherwise. Its too bad men don't realize what they're missing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Farrahann i have considered that but a little worse then thatm but i don't want to get into trouble for women abuse. lol and Faithsmom27 you are right everyone tells me that, i know for sure i would win custody because he don't want much to do with the baby, and he isn't fit to be a father i have been told that by a lot of people. And i am going to nail his ass for everything. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THE BABY AND ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO HAVE HIM SO I PRAY FOR MY LITTLE BOY JAYDEN
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• im sorry you are going through this. my fiance was around for every appointment, so excited to be a dad the whole nine the first few weeks after she was born he ws the same way i had a c-section so he had to do everythinga t the beginning cause i couldnt move. but now she is 6mos old and its like pulling teeth to get him to do something. im a sahm and i know he works but still he never helps unless i yell and fight him to do it. but at that point its easier to just do it myself. honestly if he doesnt want anything to do with it now it will probably just get worse and instead of getting your hopes up for change i would just prepare myself to do it alone and then do the whole custody battle, child support thing because he shouldnt get to choose when and if he wants to be involved...us mothers are instantly stuck (not that we dont love it) but really we dont get the choice to have him carry the baby right?
    Anonymous

• aw im so sorry this is happening to you, as hard as it sounds try and relax and not worry about him, stress right now is bad for you especially when there are already potential problems ya know? If he doesnt want to be involved thats his loss, he wont get that joy to see those milestones and hear the first words things like that. good luck! keep your head up and everyone on here is pulling for you and your little one
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i dont get stressed i just laugh at him and everything like that. thanks everyone for the support, it is much appreciated.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think your just going to have to let him go( not on support of course ) Being in a relationship is supposed to make you stronger.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• This gets me so mad when men are like this! Tell him maybe if he would read he can educate him self! Tell him the baby has ears! Then tell him, what are ears for? Tell him you have to treat him like a child because he acts like one. Tell him, IT DOSE NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW THAT EARS ARE FOR HEARING... Then tell him he has the IQ of a rat... I'm sorry! I just hate men like that!
    Anonymous

• Start making plans now just in case he doesn't have a change of heart... Is he very young? If so, it takes men/boys longer to mature.
    Anonymous