need advice on grape water

Im not exactly sure how to use it, directions just give me the dosage...
Do I need to add it to the milk? on just give it to him like that?berore food or after?
And also do i need to use i everytime i feed or just when he's gassy?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My friend used this gripe water and added it to the childs drink whenever they had gas or were fussy.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• you just give them the dosage from the dropper when they get gassy. :) i never added to anything, but I was breastfeeding lol.. no bottles.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my lil man sucks it right from the oral syringe - he loves it, but take it slow because sometimes he drinks it so fast he upchucks it - ugg! And it is sticky so have a rag ready to wipe any excess up - Good luck! (that stuff is amazing!)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ps if he is always gassy - get some mylicon where you give it right before he eats everytime - use the gripe water after he seems like the gas is still stuck (like a second resort) again, good luck! (my lil man is the king of being gassy and gripey)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You could dip the binkie in it too.
    Anonymous

• i had to use mylicon with my first before her bottles and after her bottles for about 3 months...the little ones fine.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• oops and i forgot that i just used the little dropper thingy. with my second we did the same thing with gripe water until we switched formulas
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Use it when he's VERY gassy and read the label, DO NOT give him the kind with alcohol in it!!!! And you shouldn't use it too much, there's drops that are better, and affordable..they're called Ovol.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• With Ovol, your not putting all that sugar crap into him...it's just like baking soda type thing, it coat's his tummy and then he/she poops it out. It doesn't go into they're blood stream and there's NOTHING harmful about it. With the grape water, your end up putting sugar and alcohol into his/her system and it's not good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2009