What do you think?

I have been working as a nanny for a mom of 3 boys who is a paramedic for the past 6 months. I work 24 hrs on 48 hrs off. I get to take my dtr and we stay the night. Well over Christmas time she picked up a guy for a one night stand and moved him in two days later. What she does with her life is her business and I am not here to judge. However I am totaly not cool with him being at the house when I am there plus he is there when my dtr and I are asleep. She said he is harmless. I do not know him for that matter neither does she.She said he will be here one way or the other-- I feel well weird about him and do not want to be around him. She said I could come and work just the hours he is not there which would leave me on the road home with my 2yr old at 3 am. We live 45 min from each other and not willing to bring the boys to me. If I take her offer my pay will drop by 200 which does me nogood. Should I find another job?

Donna999

Asked by Donna999 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• I think if you are really uncomfortable then I would start looking for a new job. I would not leave this one without finding something else first. If you can not find something else and you can not work something out here then you may just have to leave.

I understand that it might be hard to just walk away, I just think you have to do what you feel is best.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• YEP, I would be looking for a new job.. YOU do what you have to do for NOW. In the mean time, be looking for a new job.. JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Since you are having warning bells I'd say get another job. I would think that with so many mom's working that a nanny should be able to find a job well. Consider that you want a reference from your present employer, so stay on her good side. Be matter of fact and sad about your feeling that you need to leave, or your need to move on. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 12:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It is better to listen to your "inner voice"... since you are not comfortable then I would suggest looking for another job, when you give her notice then let her know that this guy is the reason why. You could express your regret, and let her know you enjoyed the time you were working for her...that you did not accept this job with her new man being a part of the deal, and the option of you commuting does not work. Consider mentioning that you would have been fine with her bringing the boys to your home, but other options at this point are not acceptable to you.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 12:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Wow, your question doesn't have a category. That's weird.
    Anonymous

• I was in a similar situation. We were renting a room to a young girl and all the sudden I woke up one morning and walking down the hall heard loud peeing! To my surprise a strange man was in the house! I met him briefly once before. I was very uncomfortable and told the roommate I was sorry we didn't discuss this before she moved in but I wasn't comfortable and if it meant having her and the boyfriend stay overnight or not having her at all- I'd take the latter- she ended up moving back to her Mom's home 2 weeks later!

lookingahead

Answer by lookingahead at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009