need help

I'm a stay at home mom , I have 3 of my grandkids here right now , going to have 3 more friday, thats not the problem ,,,kids I can handle....IT"S X mother In law I can't stand She's the most meanest person I've ever met. But I 'm the only daughter in law she's ever had ,,,,Both of her sons hate her , But always have treated her with respect even now I have been divorced from him for 13 yrs, but she still treats my other daughter (not her grandchild).....hatefully.. My child really does'nt know the difference, but i do .. What's sad the child that loves her the most isn't hers the one's that are hers don't Should I voice my thoughts or like I have say nothing to keep peace...

bunco

Asked by bunco at 3:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• i would voice my thoughts cause life is to short not to say what you think and let people run over you all the time. maybe if you do you will feel better.
    NLO79

Answer by NLO79 at 4:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i think that as long as its not affecting the child you should keep the peace. if and when your child does know the difference then you should speak up. how old is the child? she may know the difference and just isnt speaking up about how it makes her feel.
    CassieLee85

Answer by CassieLee85 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This is tough, the thing you can do and feel good about yourself for is to talk with her about it. And I mean in a Big Girl voice because thats what the problem obviously needs, not shouting or whatever else. Because if you can show her that you're the bigger person hopefully monkey see monkey do :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 5:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I am a big mouth so I would tell that bi*ch to shut her mouth or not come around. My mom use to be pretty bad not so much mean but she would make remarks with underlying meanings and such so I told her if she couldn't knock it off not to come around. We talked more about it and she decided to back off and watch what she says. You do not want to have this battle when your kids are old enough to be persuded and what not I would do it now and make a clean break if need be.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I want to thank everone for their input , i feel sorry for her ( going to say a name (Gabrielle) Just loves her so much And I will not break her heart ,but i'm afraid her grandma will ,( witch) really is not her real one at all .... TO answer some ????? My oldest daughter is19 ,,SON 13 Gabby 9 the older 2 don't want anything to do with her ,,she uses the guilt factor..Is it time to be a b....h !
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 3:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2008