Do you trust the US Govt?

Do you believe our govt is honest and up front with the people? Do they tell us the truth about things that would not risk national security?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I trust them about as far as I can throw them. LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No. Never have, never will. Honesty is not in the government's best interest.
    Anonymous

• If you mean in terms of the Patriot Act, and Intelligence? YES! Well, at least I DID...not so sure under our NEW president's administration.

The general public cannot possibly know EVERYTHING that goes on behind closed doors. BUt in terms of what is BEST for the EVERYONE? Yes!

Conspiracy theorist, much?!
    Anonymous

• Conspiracy, no. Not this time at least. I have to add (I am anon 11:40) that I don't feel it's in my best interest to know everything either. If the public knew everything that the government is doing or 'knows' there would be mass hysteria. You could see and hear the difference in Obama's position after a few (or one) security briefings. He is now privy to things that even he didn't know before and it has changed his stance on certain things already. I don't feel it's in the public's best interest to have that transparency in government.

Anonymous

• HELLL NOOO!!! I NEVER have and NEVER will!! What a joke!! :D
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No
    aishadavid

Answer by aishadavid at 1:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• NOPE
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Nope, not now that Obama is in office.
    Anonymous

• No, anon 9:50, I asked if you think they tell us the truth about things THAT WON'T AFFECT NAT'L SECURITY.

So do you believe the FDA tells us the truth about prescription meds or what foods are safe to eat? for example.
    Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009