his ex is crazy!

just wondering, have any of you ladies had to deal with your man's crazy ex? i mean the girl will not just go away. she had a boyfriend just a few months after they broke up-and they broke up over 3 years ago! she found out i was pregnant and all hell broke loose, she even made up that she was pregnant and he made her have an abortion to scare me. we're married now and in some way or another she finds a way to contact us. help me out girls, i need advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh, to answer your question...document her actions and words ... when, where etc. And then get a protective order against her. When she violates it have her ass thrown in jail. Let her know you aren't playing. People like her wear adult diapers and drive cross country on a "mission".
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• A lot of times if you just ignore people they willl eventually just go away. If you or him keeps in contact with her then she is getting what she wants. If they have a child together, then there isn't much you can do, but ,if not, ignoring people just works wonders.It may take time, but , it will possibly work
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i hope it starts working soon! its been over a year!
    Anonymous

• OMG- a crazy ex. Did your hubby initiate the divorce? Do they have any children together. If not, your hubby has to step up to the plate and set some boundaries with her. Even if they do have a child(ren) together he can set tight boundaries and when she starts to talk about her personal like he can cut her off and say "I'm in the middle of something and need to go" Don't let her ramble on and have "friend" conversations. My hubby started doing this shortly after we were married (with my instigation) as his ex was calling a lot and interfering with our relationship. He makes it all about their daughter and "business" only. That way get the picture that "really doesn't care" and the focus is on the child. Hope this helps.

lookingahead

Answer by lookingahead at 1:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• THANK GOD they don't have children. they weren't even married. they dated for like a year and a half. i guess i should have clarified more. i'm 20, he's 23, and she's 21. she's making the relationship out to be WAY more then it was. it was like, a "normal" relationship to have in your early 20s. except she has this obsession with wanting her boyfriends to pine after her. the difference between my hubby and the rest of her exes? he broke it off because she's a lying, fake, slutty attention whore.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure other than to tell her that if she keeps coming around/calling/emailing etc that you're going to file charges on her for harrassment or something like that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• How did I get her to go away? By putting myself between her and him(with his permission). Every attempt she made to contact him was intercepted by me with the answer that if she didn't stop there would be legal action taken. Started with the phone, then when she couldn't get him that way she went to email. When she couldn't get to him that way she tried snail mail. My husband had tried for years to make her leave him alone. All it did was make her more determined to harass him. When she realized she'd have to go through me to get to him she went away in about a month. It's been three years and no word from her...and now, because I wrote that she's going to pop-up...LOL!

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you have exhausted all options to get rid of her. 2 words RESTRAINING ORDER! Harassment is harassment.
    clueless1972

Answer by clueless1972 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Have him tell her that he wants nothing to do with her. That's what my man did with his ex, and she went away rather quickly =)
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• oooh, I've got one for you. When the kids father took them to a school function to watch his older son, his ex wife was there. A former neighbor saw them and went over to his ex wife and was asking about "their" new children (his and mine)...she proceeded to tell the old neighbor about how difficult the pregnancy and labor with the twins was....haha...my sister happened to over hear her and set the neighbor straight, letting her know that the twins did not belong to his ex wife like she was pretending.
    So, yeah, I know about the psycho ex's. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009