wHO HAS HAD A C SECTION

I am going to have one in april. what should i expect ? do you get induced? do you have to take medication after the surgery?

vmoran06

Asked by vmoran06 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a emergency C-section and they drugged me up so I don't remember alot about the birth of my son. I remember hearing him cry and they showed him to me but I couldn't hold him because they had me scrapped in like i was going on a rocket to the moor. He was born at 3:15 in the afternoon and i didn't wake up until 8:30 that night. It is different for everyone and everyone has different reasons for having a c -section. In my case, my blood pressure shot up and his heart rate went down and 1 minutes later, he was born. He is healthy and happy and I am very grateful my doctor knew what to do and did it. Good luck and don't stress out over it....things happen the way they are suppose to.

bab
</div>
</span>
<div class= donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 12:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I just had one 3 days ago. I cant tell you what to expect as it is different for everyone every one of mine were different. You dont have to take meds after but they do offer pain meds.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Ive had 3.
    If yours is scheduled you wont be induced. What will happen is you will get there early, fill out paperwork, they will check your vitals and hook you up to an IV.

You have the surgery and it takes around an hour(give or take a bit depending on how it goes,etc). When baby is out you get to see them and touch them(some hossies even let you hold them for a moment).Then you go to recovery for a little while(I was usually there less than an hour but others have said they were there longer).

Cont'd...
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Then you get to start recovery. You do have a catheter but that usually is out within 24hrs.
    You will be on morphine probably that first day so you wont feel much LOL. Then you will be provided with pain meds if you need it. The nurse brings them in or asks if you need any whenever they come by.
    Take them if you need them, dont try and be "a hero" about it LOL. My best advice is to get up and walk as soon as you can...it helps a TON during recovery.

Enjoy being a bit pampered while there(2-3 days depending on your recovery) because afterwards, wont see it much LOL.

All in all thats how all 3 of mine went(2 different states, 3 different hospitals). So you have the generals but aspects will differ depending on staff, your pain tolerance and how you recover,etc.

GL!!
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had one with my son and Bones pretty much summed it up. All of my others will be scheduled as well. If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Good Luck and Congrats!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• HI , I had 3 C-Sections, back when they made you do them all that way. I did fine and the 1st one was my son was in fetal distress, they gave us the option to go ahead and do more labor, or to have the c-section.. so, we opted for the C-section. he is now 30 years old,and has 3 boys himself. my other 2 sons were also c-sections,and they were fine too. I did nurse all my sons and enjoyed that very much. Good luck.. and I did take the pain meds they offered . I had a spinal with the 2nd 2 sons, and with the first one I had to be put out. Lisa C
    shy_ismy1stgrey

Answer by shy_ismy1stgrey at 2:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Since your c-section seems to be scheduled you won't be induced. Take pain meds as you need them.

I've had 3 c-sections... I did get to see my older two and touch them while I was in the OR. I was under general anesthesia for my 3rd child's birth, so, of course, didn't see him right away.

All in all... mine had some pain involved, but not too bad, especially my 2nd and 3rd which were scheduled (my 1st was an emergency after a long labor, so it was a harder recovery!) :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 4:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009