Breast Pumps!?!

Ok, my son LOVES to eat from a bottle - after I pump...I use Avent bottles and I have an Avent manual pump. It is getting to the point where hand pumping seems extremely time consuming....I want to get an electric pump; however, I know Avent makes a manual/electric hand pump, but didn't know if that was really practical...I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the pumps out there so I can narrow down one - on a budget...

itsaboy1208

Asked by itsaboy1208 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look on ebay you can get some good ones for a good deal and you can get them brand new.
    Anonymous

• or also check walmart...they have 2 or three DOUBLE electric pumps for under90$,one is under 50$- I think by evenflo.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I kno if you recieve WIC you can get an electric medela double breast pump from them for free. I have one and it works great!
    [edit] They only offer the breast pumps to women who are exclusively BFing
    Anonymous

• I'm glad pumping works for you! Way to go. I've BF for a total of 7 yrs and pumping never amounted to much for me. I've tried so many different kinds and IDK my boobies just know they aren't the baby! Good luck to you!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• if you're going to be pumping everyday then you should go with an electric pump like the medela pump in style. it has a larger motor than other pumps that are designed for occassional use.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I got a free manual pump from WIC and it worked great. Then when I started going back to work and school I thought I should get an electric because I always heard they pump more out. So I splurged on an electric pump and I couldn't get more than a couple drops with it.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009