Going to do laundry and I need help

My husband has his nasty stinky army socks! How can I get them to not stink! I cant bleach them because there green and need to stay that way and I go to the laundry mat to get my laundry do is there something I can put in with his uniforms and stuff to make them not stink but wont hurt the color?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Baking soda. I always put my DH's army cloths in a separate load. I even made him put then in a separate hamper. I don't have to deal with that any more, he finaly retired

Answer by louise2 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• This homemade laundry detergent would probably do the trick-
    22oz washing soda
    7 1/2 oz baking soda
    8oz oxi clean (you can also get an off brand at Wal-Mart for cheaper)

I know several people who use it for washing cloth diapers and they say it works amazingly!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 1:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• either baking soda or Oxi-clean will take the smell out. I use Oxi on stinky teens clothes all the time.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• There are other disinfects than bleach. Lysol for one. Check the store shelves. I'd try soaking them in a strong solution of detergent and hot water, then washing. There are also pre-soaks available.

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2009