what do you do when your husband always complaing and put u down

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• When he complains it's usually about his job so I don't do much of anything but listen. We have been married 11 years and I don't think he has ever put me down but my ex used to put me down and well, he's my ex now... LOL

I'm sorry you are going through this, maybe try talking to him about how you feel?
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 7:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• tell him to shut up and I;m getting sick of his maouth and I'm about to leave his a**!! I have to deal with that all the time. Then he apoigizes and says he has a problem with saying thigs he dont mean, But when he says it he says I MEAN IT. RIght now my husband it trying to fix his attitude problem. We had a big talk, we pretty much talk about it everyday. But if he doesnt shape up I'm gone. It will be hard to stop but you have to try, dont live like that. Good Luck.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• hun.. sometimes men do that to get a rise outta you. when they do that.. dish it right back. but in a jokeing way. you gotta get tough with it. or you gonna have it to deal with from now on. for example* he puts you down for what you cook or soemthing. you could say WELLL YOUR shoveling it in plenty good enough I must have done SOMETHING right !!!
    Alizure

Answer by Alizure at 12:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I tell him to go screw himself! LOL Seriously, he gripes when he is tired, or has had a hard day, so I dont let it bother me too much. I just tell him something like, "What is your deal?" Or I just go and do something else. He has a lot for me to complain and put him down for too. It is a give and take. We do love eachother, though. We are just trying to kick the nasty tobacco habit together; we are going to be bitchy in general!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008