good recipes after heart attack

my mother-in-law had a masive heart attack in June and is on a low fat/low cholesterol/low sodium diet and i just found out today her and my father-in-law are coming to my sons Birthday party tomarrow I was going to make tacos but I want to make somthing she can eat also (I don't want to kill her LOL) so anyone have any ideas....PLEASE HELP!!!

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 1:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• assuming by low sodium you mean she's on a 2g/day sodium restriction....you can still do tacos. she'd have to watch what she ate the rest of the day and she shouldnt have 5 or 6 or anything but a taco or two will be fine. use low sodium ingredients if you can find them. you could also to chicken or ground turkey instead of beef, that would lower the cholesterol and fat.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Tacos would be ok with ground turkey instead of beef; seasoned with cumin and chili powder instead of taco seasoning from the envelope; lettuce, tomatos, lowfat cheese (1 or 2%) lowfat sour cream; she can skip the salsa unless it's fresh and skip the guacomole no matter what. Check the sodium content of the shells or tortillas to get the lowest content. It's very nice of you to think of that. I know some people will eat whatever at a party but this helps her to be healthy and it's good for everyone.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My dh has high blood pressure so we have to watch our sodium intake, too. Here is a good website to get lots of healthy recipes. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dash-diet-recipes/RE00089
    That is very nice of you to think about her dietary needs.
    femomof3

Answer by femomof3 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009