Baby entertainers..

I'm looking for a decently priced baby entertainer/activity center (one of those excer saucer types.) I can't afford anything too pricey, so I haven't found anything in my price range yet. Does anyone know of anywhere I could get one for a reasonable price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try a consignment store, salvation army, goodwill or yard sales.

Answer by gemgem at 1:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You could also try online - there is a site called Freecycle.org - This site is great because every thing is free. People offer things they don't need any more or they just need the room. Just log on, find a group in your area & post that you are in need of an excer saucer or something similar.
    vpsmama

Answer by vpsmama at 2:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• resale shops usually have them at a good price. i think i got mine at target, i dont remember how much it was though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• mine is from target and it was 60 bucks BUT i found the same one at kmart for 40 but the cheapest place is probably a resale store
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Freecycle is AWESOME I got most of DD's Christmas gifts from it. I always see exersaucers offered on my freecycle. You could try Craigslist too . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I got mine from ebay for $15.00- and it was AWESOME. It's the Baby Einsteen exersaucer with the green lizard puppet and round cylinder that makes different animal noises, and there are lots of other toys on it that they can bend towards them and put in their mouth! Our daughter loves it. All this stuff is plastic, so you can disinfect and feel comfortable abuot getting it used, and the seat is fabric so you can wash it. They only stay in it so long, so getting it brand new can be a waste sometimes.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 2:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't like to see a baby who cannot yet sit up on their own being propped upright artificially. Also, a baby can only develop strength and coordination in arms, legs, back and neck from spending time on a flat surface (plush rug on the floor covered by a nice clean blanket). Perhaps your baby IS already sitting up, AND gets plenty of hours every day playing "flat". ... In that case, the above answers are EXCELLENT !! I will have to remember these ideas next time I need to get something
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I got mine at target for $40 im always scared using something on my baby that a baby you don't know has used so anything that might go in babies mouth always is new and i clean really good. It's cost more that going to a yard sale or whatever but to me peace of mind is wirth it.
    mkmama3130

Answer by mkmama3130 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I got mine from Target, $40 for the Bright Starts Bounce Baby Bounce. My daughter loves it. I had looked online at craigslist and ebay and I went to consignment stores first. However, they were all just as expensive as buying something new, so I went for the new one. I don't think $40 is too bad, some of them cost well over a hundred bucks, and realistically your kid is only going to use it for a few months.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yeah I saw that one at target, and almost bought it, but they don't have it at my target and shipping is almost $15... and $55 is a little much for me. Thanks everyone for your help. I've been looking around at everything you've all suggested!!
    Anonymous