Job suggestions for military wife

I'm a military wife and we are stationed somewhere different every 2 years. I'm educated with an Associates Degree and am almost finished with my Bachelor Degree. I desire to work outside of the home but don't know who would hire me for only 2 years.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2011 in Military

• Get a job on base, that is the easiest way. I know how you feel, because a lot of employers don't want to hire you if they know you are likely to leave, but on base they know these things.

Answer by AF4life at 11:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2011

• well, it isn't glamourous, but you could run errands, take them shopping, make sure meds are correct for an elderly person, you could also try some kind of office work or a temp agency,, they are really busy right now, and because you don't need benefits you are a very lucrative hire,, even for only 2 years.

Answer by kimigogo at 11:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2011

• Check on base. There are plenty of contractor jobs for spouses. Fleet and Family Support Center or whatever your branch's family support center can help.

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2011

• normally its pretty easy to find jobs near a military base because every one if coming and going.. there is always a position opening up somewhere.. whether its on base or out in town.. good luck!

Answer by kp0469 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2011

• Congrats on the near completion of your degree!

Answer by tasches at 2:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2011

• Look into getting a job on base. Many places do spouse preference. The job I have is on base. I didn't even have to interview since I'm a spouse.

Answer by KWnavywife at 4:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2012

• What about a home based business? Message me for details...

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2012