MY 6 MONTH OLD HAS TERRIBLE GAS IVE TRIED MYLICON ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

HE WAKES UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT SCREAMING AND FARTING IVE TRIED MYLICON AND THE ONLY FORMULA HE CAN TOLERATE IS A HYPO ALERGINC THE DOC SAYES HE WILL OUT GROW IT BUT ITS TERRIBLE TO WATCH SO I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY SUGGESTIONS

rjsjjs1

Asked by rjsjjs1 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My grandma once told me pepperment tea but made with real pepperment leaves can help. I tried it diluted 50/50 and it helped my kids at that age.

Answer by gemgem at 1:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Peppermint is good for the stomach, not so much for the further parts of digestion. So do try peppermint (spearmint is also a stomach-helper and is less sharply flavored). Fennel tea is helpful for gas. Find it in the market with other bottled herbs, or get it from the health food store. One or two seeds for a cup of boiling water. It is sweet-tasting so he can drink it plain or you can add it to formula, whatever. You can use more seeds if you want it stronger - test it out. ... Good luck !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Little Tummys.

Mylicon has recalls.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you aren't already using them... Playtex bottles with the drop-in liners. I swear by those. My son had terrible gas for the first three months of his life... until I switched to those bottles. His syptoms virtually disappeared within the next three days. Just make sure you push all of the air out of the bottle. For 4 dollars... it's a cheap fix. Gas drops are a joke.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• When mine was going through this, and she had TERRIBLE gas, I used to sit her on my lap. Then I would hold her at her hips, and at 6 months, under her shoulder and swivel her, in a circle.. Picture yourself, sitting, leaning forward, to the side, to the back, side and front again... I would give her like 10 rotations, and then lie her down on my lap and rub her back, and pat it.. If there was no fart or burp, I would put her up on my shoulder and try to burp her... I would keep doing that, usually it took 3 or 4 tries, but it worked well, and wonderfully... like a charm
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 3:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My son had terrible gas as well..he was on Nutramigen which is hypoallergenic...and I tried EVERYTHING!! The only thing that seemed to help was the Dr. Browns bottles and dipping his Paci in Karo Syrup....The Bottles naturally vent out extra air...and the Karo Syrup coats the lining in his stomach and naturally pops the bubbles...its was a miracle for us.

Make sure you only use the Light Karo with Vanilla...its the Kind my Pediatrician said to use...the gas drops and stuff never really work

then I would sit him on my lap and rock him back and forth and side to side..put him back over my sholder and eventually he would burp..

you can give that a try! worked great for my lil man!
    Kalebs_Mama

Answer by Kalebs_Mama at 4:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my daughter went threw the same thing and we gave her peppermint water we asked the Dr. and he said that was fine but we only gave her 1-2 oz and them she would be fine. the water has to be warmed up with the peppermint in the water. but you can try that
    tabatha424

Answer by tabatha424 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009