SAHM's? What motivates you?

Why should I even get dressed in the morning? Or brush my hair? All I'm going to do is cook and clean...Maybe it's the cold winter, but I just don't feel motivated to get my butt moving unless I have to leave the house. What motivates you to "get ready for the day?"

hgibsonorc

Asked by hgibsonorc at 1:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Your kids should be your motivator to get up and do something. That was mine.

Answer by louise2 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• For me it was mainly wanting my husband to still see me as the person he had fallen in love with and married. When he was out of town I still did the basics of grooming because it made me feel better. If I was feeling "meh" I'd clean the house and get all of that out of the way, then get a shower and put on clean clothes, do my hair, and it perked me up. Something else that helped was getting together with other SAHM's- we met at one another's place for coffee and chat while the little ones played, that got me going. And on non-coffee days, is there something you could do to look forward to- a book you are excited to read, or an outing to the library or mall? I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 2:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I know how you feel! Somedays when mu hubby gets home, I look the same as i did when he left, no mak-up, pajamas, hair in a ponytail! What has helped me is taking a shower and getting out of the house just togo to Wal-Mart or the grocery store. I also got my daughter in preschool and gymnastics and that gets me out of the house some and I get to talk with other SAHM's! I took my daughter to the library every week for over a year and I met alot of friends there! Just showering & getting out of the house will make you fel better!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Oh you mean i am supposed to get dressed up on days I am not going somewhere? Shit I misread the SAHM rule book. I only get out of my jammies on days I have to go somewhere.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Actually I find I get more done around the house if I get out of pajamas, sweats, etc. That's what motivates me.
    Anonymous

• I'm more comfortable, during the day, if I wear jeans and a t-shirt or something. Also, I figure, if I expect my kids to wear clothes, then I should too.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• WOW! I honestly think that if you lay around bumming out all the time then it is time to get your butts up!! What is the point of laying around all day and feeling helpless and feeling sorry for yourselves anyway? Get off the couch, do your makeup, for Gods sake maybe even take a shower...it really isn't that big of a deal. I mean, don't you love when your hubby looks great? Im sure he would expect the same from you, at times. Showing that you care for yourself is a big deal, to me esp. Just putting clothes and makeup on should make you feel great so just give it a try! Just being honest.......
    Momma2Jae

Answer by Momma2Jae at 11:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Hahahahaa! I SHOWER for goodness sakes! LOL And brush my teeth :) I just don't get dressed up and do my makeup unless I'm leaving the house. And, I definetely don't feel sorry for myself. Actually, after thinking about, there's really no reason to look like a super model while I'm scrubbing the bathroom floor....so scratch that.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 5:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009