how can i make sure this happens again?

my 7 month old slept threw the night last night i am saying 8pm to 730am with just a few wake ups i let him fuss then went in rubed his back said its ok then left he fussed for a moment longer then off to sleep he went..........nothing new happened, same routin as everyday, except we wait for him to cry i mean i real i want my mommy cry b4 we go pick him up and rock him normally he just needs a daiper change then back to sleep............
how can i make sure this happens again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't make sure it happens again, but, keep doing what you are doing and maybe he will get into that routine for a while .Just don't change anything and see how that goes. change and a baby/child do not mix well at all. :)
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• hahaha Im sorry for laughing . . . Its just that my DD has only slept for 12 hours straight 4 or 5 times, and she is 14 months. I wish I knew what made her do that, but I can't quite put my finger on it . . . . if you figure it out, let me know :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Just keep doing what you do every day. He will either stick to this new schedule or he won't. Babies are very unpredictable - once you think you've got his schedule down to a T, he goes and changes (I know because I have a 10 month old). Just keep trying...
    vpsmama

Answer by vpsmama at 2:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had a week like that once! lol.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• do the same thing, wait for that cry before getting him. You did it right, just keep doing it! good luck!
    Anonymous

• You can't make it happen again. Not anymore than you made it happen the first time. Just keep doing what you are doing and he'll get there.

And congrats! Mine didn't do that until 10 months old! She did it once and then didn't do it again for 2 more (long) months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009