Acne during pregnancy

I've always had acne, but it is ten times worse now that I'm pregnant. Painful, horrible whiteheads are all over my face and nothing seems to help. I'm pretty sure it's just hormones, but this is so painful and embarrassing. Is there anything I can do?!

hgibsonorc

Asked by hgibsonorc at 2:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you find something that helps...let me know, I have been dealing with this for the past 32 weeks and can not find anything that helps.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I had the same problem... unfortunately nothing I tried worked. I wanted to get some prescription stuff but my insurance wouldnt cover it so I suffered through.. the good news is I had my baby 11 days ago, and my skin is already starting to clear... once all those hormones start getting under control your skin will do the same : )
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 2:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• with my now 5yr old i have it bad and i am now 22 weeks with my second and getting it again and try too keep up with the cleaning and meds but doctors tell me its just normal and once the baby goes away it will back down too so its not just you its just something that happens you could try to wash your face and other spots that brake out more often with acne wash or other face soaps
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub on my face and it's doing a decent job... I've also heard witch hazel is a good natural cleanser that's safe to use while pregnant, but I keep forgetting to pick some up when I go to the store... if the apricot scrub is too harsh for you, try Clean & Clear Morning Burst cleaser, the scrubbing beads are a lot more gentle and I also liked it too.
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 6:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009