What do you do when hubby works weekends?

My husband works on the weekends once in a while (tommorow included), which is great, because we could really use the money, but life can get pretty boring here at home. I'm home all week and want to do something different on the weekends. What are some things that you do to entertain yourself on the weekends?

hgibsonorc

Asked by hgibsonorc at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Clean house, play with my girls, read, cross stitch, scrapbook!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Get on line and get on cafemom is one good thing to do. I like playing my playstation games, Watch TV or movies. OW yes their is always cleaning the house if I get really bored.

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Head to the local park (weather permitting) or vist the mall and do lunch with the kids. Maybe try a local zoo, or museum....Best of luck! Have Fun!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My daughter and I have "pajama day" we wear our pj's all day, watch funny movies, make a fort in the living room and we eat lunch in it. Its a really good time.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• My husband works nights and sleeps a good part of Sunday. Before my parents moved, we would go over to their house so they could see the girls. Now they're an hour away, and I don't like making the trip every weekend. Now I just try to find something quiet for the girls to play on the days we stay home.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If my husband is at work, so am I. My job is to keep the house clean and the kids fed. So, if he works on a Saturday, I do laundry or something to keep me busy, just like I would during the week,
    absmama

Answer by absmama at 4:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Lol...my SO is gone for months on end for work so its not new to me. I just do the same crap I always do, but usually on weekends I get together with some girlfriends and take the kids out somewhere since we're usually not working ourselves.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my husband works a month of weekends every other month, i know how you feel! we just clean, do crafts, bake, read, go for walks, organize something, watch movies, or play a game...
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Being that my kids are 2 and 9 months old, they keep me pretty busy. But I do get bored and want to do something different when dh works on weekends...but we mainly stay indoors b/c I just can't handle both of them by myself when we are out. Not that they are bad but they both require a lot of attention & supervision due to their age.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you don't have to worry about children then do some personal girlie stuff - hang out with some friends, pamper yourself with a bubble bath, watch some home movies/dvd's, make a batch of cookies, find an online recipe made with home ingredients for a facial and do that, paint your nails, shave your legs, reorganize the closet and bureau drawers for yourself and your hubby, make something special for hubby when he comes home, take up a craft, search for some printable puzzles online (word search, crosswords, sodoku), read a book......
    With children you can do just about anything creative indoors and out that would be fun! Just use your imagination!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009