• In the Spotlight:

Is it my responsibility to.....

Feed my two sister in laws? Almost every Sunday we have family Sunday dinner we either go to my in laws and eat or they come here. I have two sisters in law that live at home one is 19 and going to college the other is 23 and flunked out of a major university and is not living at home with my inlaws and going back to junior college. It totally grips my but that they come over and eat when my mother and father in law do, is it my friggin responsibility to feed them also?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 2:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I see your point but there really isn't a way of saying anything that wouldn't start trouble. They are still fairly young , their is still hope for them, although they are adults, when they do get their crap together be sure to invite your selves over their house frequently for dinner. My sister in-law is 50 amd rents and apartment in her parents house, If I invite them over for dinner it is assumed she is invited too. In fact the entire family wether they live there or not is invited.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 3:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• No it's not your job....once in awhile it's nice...maybe suggest a potluck style dinner....they bring stuff to eat....best of luck!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Didnt ya say "a family dinner"? Like it or not they are family and twernt no stipulations in your marriage vows that excluded your husbands "flunkey sisters" from Sunday Supper lol. Do your inlaws not feed you when you go over there? If it bugs you so much, mabey suggest they bring a dish to pass?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If they are invited yes. If they are just "dropping" by no, I would say something or have your hubby do so.
    Anonymous

• Since they are living at home with their parents I think they should all eat together. I'm sorry it seems like maybe you don't get along too well with them. I have three younger siblings living at home with my parents and when we invite them over that invitation is just known to mean everyone including my grandma who lives with them. Sorry it's probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's how I see it. Maybe just stop haveing dinner at your house.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• They are family. And you said it was family dinner right? If it bothers you that much, talk to your DH about it. See what he says about it. I see know problem with them coming to a family dinner

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If youre inviting their mom and dad then them coming over is probably expected. I wouldnt say it is your responsibility but you are inviting family over, they are family. What I would do is say from now on if they come or even if they dont we will do potluck. Have mil or the sils bring something like chips, dessert or potato salad.

Answer by gemgem at 2:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• It's called FAMILY! If you don't like feeding them then you need to not invite the FAMILY over for dinner.
    Anonymous

• If they are invited yes, you need to tell them MIL and FIL that you are only inviting them.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 2:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I wish I had family close enough to invite them over for a family dinner. You wouldn't want to spoil that tradition by being upset about the SIL's. Take the good ideas from above pp's....start a pot-luck dinner. Your family probably wouldn't object to that.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009