My cat gets blamed for everything..help

I live in a neighborhood with cats. This lady moved next door and any time she finds cat poop she knocks on my door saying my cat did it. I will pick the poop up and remind her that my cat is not the only cat in the neighborhood. This went on for about a month, then I got really annoyed and finally told her to pick the poop up her self as I pointed at someones cat in her yard..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pets

• hi my cat enjoys coming in and out through our kitty door. I took her to the vet to make sure she is current with shots etc. My cat is 7 years old my neighbor hates my cat in her yard she freaks out. One day I over heard her having a conversation with my cat, asking her to please leave lol
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You did as much as you could have.
    You didn't ask, but cats that stay inside all the time get along quite well. We used to let our cats out, but now we don't have to worry about them getting run over or getting ticks or worms or fleas.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• There isnt much you can do about it. Some people are just jerks. My landlord tried blaming things on my cats until I pointed out we lived on a farm which he should know since we rent it from him and that some cats on the farm arent even ours. They were here before we moved in. I told him maybe he should do something about HIS cats and he shut up. In short, some ppl are never happy.

Answer by gemgem at 2:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yeah my neighbor used to do that. She'd blame my cat who never leaves my yard for pooping in her front lawn. I kindly took photos of some cats that were not mine pooping there and showed them to her. She stopped complaining. She never once had proof it was my cat. I asked her the next time you see her doing it, take a picture...turned out the cat pooping there was her cat!
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• LOL OneToughMami! I love it! LOL!!!

To the original poster: I just had an idea. How about if you make friends with the lady. She may be lonely if she keeps knocking on your door like that. Don't even wait until next time, go over and invite her over for tea or coffee. I see this as the start of a beautiful friendship.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I personally am not a fan of outdoor cats, for many reasons.... They poo in my yard, dig up my mulch, and leave nasty little kitty prints on my car... But, that aside, if there are other cats in the neighborhood and she has never actually SEEN your cat go to the bathroom in your yard, she really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I just hope that this neighbor is not the kind of person that would poison an animal or go to drastic measures to stop the pooping in her yard......
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I just want to add my cat is not a full time outside cat and is usually in the yard on a tie out similar to the dog. So that she doesn't run off.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009