Engagement..

I'm about to get engaged to this man. We've been together for years now and towards the beginning of our relationship I cheated on him with his best friend. Does he need to know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• woww this is why you shouldnt do these things they always bite you in the ass. because now if you tell him hes gonna wonder how you could keep this from him for so long but if you dont its alwaysss gonna be in the back of your mind...
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• no. He doesn't need to know.
    Anonymous

• Would you want to know if he cheated on you with your best friend? This situation sucks no matter what you do. Good Luck you're going to need it.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Since this happened years ago, and since it is his best friend, I feel that you have no choice but to tell him and hope that he handles it well. The friend will always know and you'll always wonder if or when the friend would spill the beans.

Answer by Bmat at 2:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Nope he doesnt need to know, well unless you like drama and problems LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 2:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• but my only fear is if he finds out after were married and we have kids..
    then do you think he will leave me.........?
    Anonymous

• If you are telling him to ease your guilt then know that.he is going to be destroyed and you "unburdening" yourself will cause it.I think you need to tell him,even if it ends it,because this man wants to commit his life to you.he deserves to know .Plus what if this comes out yrs from now? stuff done in the dark always finds a way to the lite.be brave,be honest,tell him you love him and you made the worst mistake of your life.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• yes you need to tell him. Its not a good thing to go in to a marriage with lies its about trust and honesty just come clean with everything and give him a chance to tell you anything he's done , thats what my huband and I did and we've been together for 27 years trust me its hard but at least you wont feel like shit standing up at the alter and if he cant exeped that you are being honest you should think if you want to be with him because if you cant tell him stuff now then how are you going to later... it will make you or brake you
    Anonymous

• That is a sticky situation. Messing around with his best friend. Hope he doesn't ever tell. I say talk to the best friend first. But NO don't tell your SO. You haven't said anything to him in years about it. Leave it in the past. And hope the best friend doesn't say a thing about it

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• when you say "talk to the best friend first"
    well.. what do you think i should i tell the best friend?
    =/
    Anonymous