Does anyone know where i might be able to find great deals on nursery furniture... we don't have a lot of money... but i want my baby to have nice stuff :)

nursery furniture?

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• check out local consignment shops. They normally have awesome stuff for great prices. I've never seen a consignment shop taken in damaged/dirty clothing or furniture, unlike thrift stores that take everything.
    I got a convertible crib for $150, retails for over $500. it's the only bed my daughter will ever need too!
    Anonymous

• Walmart & target

Answer by gemgem at 2:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Have you tried the yahoo freecycle groups? They have them setup in just about every comminty, you can get on offer stuff you are getting rid of and ask for things you need. The best part is it's all free!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i LOVE target, they have some nice stuff for the price.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• We got all ours at Walmart and it lasted very well and was cute!!
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• freecycle.com,craigslist.com and ebay.You can get new stuff for bargain prices.Just make sure it comes w/all parts and instructions.I got a brand new 150$ papasan cradle swing for 14$ new in the sealed box.Also consignment shops and places that have the instructions.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) has layaway there. If you're early in your pregnancy you can put one piece on layaway now, then put another piece on layaway later. In February 2006 we found my set on clearance. My $700 crib was bought for $300, and my changing table/dresser hutch was originally $500 and I got it for $175. It was everything I needed in the nursery.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• First only buy pieces you will actually use. Most of my girlfriends and I WAY overbought when we were having our firsts. We all bought cribs...only one of us used it...lol. Never used mine a single night. I've never needed a changing table either. I had a furniture set that I inherited that had an extra dresser I let her use so I never needed that. For the baby I'm carrying now, I bought a changing table for the storage space and drawers since this baby doesn't really have a dresser to use. Also, think about when the things will actually become important to them...when they're helping you decorate their room the first time and will want some say in the matter. That is when I plan to buy the bigger things for this baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Okay I may sound a little crazy to say this without reading the other posters....but try Kmart....I know I know kmart eww...but I was able to get a beautiful white crib for life that is so worth the 97 bucks it cost to get it...I bought one at Walmart that ended up being recalled and needed to get a new crib...I looked at over priced target and that was out of the question to go from a three in one (Crib, changer and dresser) to just a crib for 199 at target...no way...my last hope was kmart and I am so gladthat I went there because other wise I would have spent way to much for next to nothing and for what...try Kmart...good luck
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 4:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I purchased a crib and 5 draw dresser form babies r us about 2 weeks ago for 400.00. Not the most expensive but not the cheapest either. It is really nice quality. Not sure where you are from, but craigslist.com is a good way to find gently used items for a reasonable price. I was going to purchase a crib from there, but found the deal. The items were cheaper at babies r us than target. I am from Phoenix, AZ though. Also, I found tons of baby clothing from craigslist for 300.00. My baby will not need clothes for the first year. All of them are baby gap, disney, guess, etc. Good luck in your search. Look online at Jcpennies also I found a really good deal there also.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009