how do you know if you have ppd?

My DH recently brought it up, suggesting that I might want to go to a doc. I have been extra crabby and unmotivated recently, but have chalked it up to not sleeping because my 4 month old is teething, and I'm the one who gets up with him all night, dh says the baby just wakes up more with him. So, I don't know does anyone know of a good way to tell if you are suufering from ppd, or just plain old exaustion? Also my insurance ran out, so if anyone knows how to get help with out expensive medical bills, it would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• like your DH said, you'd go to the doctor to have it diagnosed.
    if you can't afford a doctor, try applying for medicaid or go to the local health department or look up in your area a sliding scale fee doctor.
    Anonymous

• if you are stressed or hyper or easily aggitated or feel quite hysterical at times or have become obsessed with other chores rather than play with your baby, if you feel angry towards baby or sit and fantasise wheere u wud be without this little parcel in your life, if you crave help and assistance in the day even if you dont get it, if your apetite is out of sorts, if you have suicidal thoughts,if you hate yourself, if you push yourself too hard, if you day dream and quietly say to yourself you are at a point where you u can understand why mothers walk out on their kids or even to the extreme on how people hate their babies and hurt them (even though you know you wont hurt your own). if you can answer to any of these i'd visit your local library and look at a book or evn ask the librarian if they have any knowledge of support groups localy.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• thanks angel
    Anonymous

• what if it's only sometimes- like 3 am, or some days are just not good ones, but others are just fine?
    Anonymous