How can I teach my husband to have more patience with our baby?

He works so often that when he gets home he's understandably tired and grouchy but I just need him to have more patience with our 3 month old. She can cry for a minute and he already gets flustered and always resorts to putting her in her crib but if I pick her back up she's fine because mostly it's just gas that hurts her belly... Help please!

Hannah-Belle

Asked by Hannah-Belle at 5:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• Explain to him that crying is something babies do when they can't talk. If they don't cry, you will never know if they need something...burping, diaper change, food, attention. The same way he gets flustered with her crying, she gets flustered when she doesn't get what she needs.
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 7:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• have you tried milicon? you canget this at your local walmart target etc and it absolutely works wonderful and is so gentle it doesnot hurt them even if you give it to them thinking its gas and its not
    expecting100708

Answer by expecting100708 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• as for your husband its still early and a new world he'll come around it just takes time patience is a learned skill not an overnight process but just let him know that it could always be worse thank heavens your child isn't colic-y .... he'd have a nervous breakdown ... lol
    expecting100708

Answer by expecting100708 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2008