How can I get rid of stretchmarks?

helpful hints please. I am 12 weeks along with my second child. I lost all my previous baby weight but unfortunately there were pretty defined stretchmarks that were left behind. I can't find anything to help them diminsh. I am afraid that this new baby will leave me with no hope of losing or at least control these marks. If anyone has any suggestions to help, I would be eternaly grateful. Now, I had done the vitamin E the entirity of the first pregnancy and did firming lotions for months postpartum but neither of those worked.

candidmomma

Asked by candidmomma at 3:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Pregnancy also inhibits collagen production, so I'd suggest eating foods that boost it. Egg whites and wheat germ. When it comes down to it its genes. Try not to gain excessive weight.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• You might want to check out the website shapeofamother for I better perspective on what real women look like.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I don't think there is ANY way to get rid of stretch marks, it's your skin stretching and then reducing in size, therefore making it impossible to get rid of. There is a cream that AVON makes that makes them less noticeable, but I can't think of the name...............check out their site though or if you have a rep ask them.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• i use the stuff from avan but i started in the summer then i was in the sun alot and it says to stay out of the sun... so i stopped using it... i just tanned alot... I hope to try it again... the lady i buy front said she has had a lot of people buy more because it works for them.. but everyone is different and it might or might not work!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hi,

I used to have pretty bad stretch marks and red scars around my belly region ever since I gave birth to my three kids.I had tried Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter which a number of people had recommended but unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. My Doctor had even suggested that I go for a Tummy Tuck. I then recently read an article about a lady who supposedly got rid of her stretch marks using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked really well. It took a number of weeks but my stretch marks soon faded away. You can read the lady's article at the link below.

http://www.stretchmarkszapped.com

jennifer8055

Answer by jennifer8055 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009