Laura Bush's Plates?? ipog

So i had been seeing stories about what china Michelle would contribute to the white house because she is said to have good taste (except acceptance speech dress of course!) ... but then it came out that Laura spent half a million dollars (alway prvivate $$ is used for the plates so not tax money) on a set of china (for the white house collection.) Really i think they are the most awful choice in styles... very old fashioned... etc... so what are thoughts on this??? (please dont tell me i am being petty, i know there are bigger issues in the world but i am in Ohio with 8 inches of snow outside and i am bored and dh is actually watching ds quietly...) endulge my random thought and share...

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 3:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• I TOO LIKE OLD FASHED STUFF BETTER. STYLES VARY WITH PEOPLE AND PERSONALITIES AND YOU CAN LIKE IT ALL. JUST WHAT EVER CATCHES YOUR EYE.
    Sheila755

Answer by Sheila755 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I dont have a problem with it. I like old fashioned stuff more.

Answer by gemgem at 3:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• okay there is a difference between old fashioned andjust out of style... if you think they are okay. look up the vera wang plates designed as a choice for michelle and you will see what i mean
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I like traditional stuff. If Michelle gets some trendy contempo pieces in there it will be a joke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• anon.. this is the sHOPPING category.... grow a backbone... lol...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2009