Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i call his lawyer?

My child support payments are takin from ex's check,and then sent to me thru the state office.The court order says that I am to be paid every 2 weeks but I am getting htem every 3.While I realize it is the state office dragging their heals,I thought I would call ex's lawyer to let her know what is happening.No matter whose fault it is or isn't it is ex's responsibility to get the pmt here on time,and I am afraid a judge will get really angry w/ex and I do not want to cause probs w/him.I am getting nowhere w/the state so should I call ex's lawyer and have her handle it?I don't know what else to do?


Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I get support every two weeks and I have a debit card they issued me and it comes dircetly on there two days after being processed. You should ask them for a debit card or have it direct deposit then it will come to you sooner. I used to get check and I would get them a week after processing so it was about every 3 weeks. Hopefully this helps.

    Answer by momof5kidz at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • You know if the state is taking it from his check and sending it to you its the STATES fault they are not getting there on time. My dad's ex-wife would call the lawyer on him all the time, and tell him that he was going to jail if he didn't pay up now. But the CS was taken from his check on time every month and it was the states fault that it wasnt getting there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • If you have an attorney and did when you went to trail to set up these payments you cannot speak with his attorney. Attorneys can only speak with the opposing parties council, unless the opposing party is unrepresented. His payments are being deducted every two weeks at specified by the court. There is a week turn around for you to receive the check. As long as he continues to make the payments every two weeks he is following the court order, and will not get in trouble.

    Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • i have the same problem with my CS. It is being taken from my ex's check every two weeks but its taking almost a month to go into my account. there isn't really anything you can do about it. its the states fault, not your ex's and the judge isnt going to be able to do anything about the states "processing time".

    Answer by Chandra034 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • maybe you should call the state if it is being taken from his check like it is suppose to, and ask them why are they taking so long.

    Answer by 4kids1970 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • Good luck. This happens all the time with DH's CS. Not only did we complain to the state about it, but BM did too. Guess what they told us? Too bad, deal with it. Your ex won't get in trouble, though. He's paying on time. And from my own experience, no one really monitors state child support agencies closely so they'll do whatever they want and you just have to suck it up. It's sucks, but that's typically the way it goes.

    Answer by melamommy24 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • I didn't want ex to get in trouble,that's why I asked.i think I will try the debit card thing because when I talk to the state they blame it on everyone on the planet lol.Ty also for the info on the turnaround time,I was told by the state it was 2 dys? it's a pain.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

  • i have a debit card and still takes at least three weeks, maybe its just the OK system though. I say even with the debit card dont hold your breath

    Answer by Chandra034 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009